Mothering Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
Have you had a chance to talk to your son, OP?

Reactions: crystalcoast

Registered
I can tell you from personal intact-in-circumcising-country experience (good ol' USA) that I, too, MooseMtnMidwife, was very nearly teased insane back in High School.... Fun times the early 2000s. Not a single girl stood up for me - much of the teasing was done in front of girls . Granted, the jerks were simply asking if I was circumcised, but still.... Didn't feel good not having someone in my corner.

And then, after high school.... .... ... What a shock... ... ... Nobody cared. So it will get better. I used to work in a daycare for Hispanic Migrant workers kids, so helping herd the boys in & out for bathroom breaks was a great confidence boost. The adults I worked with treated me like crap, so that didn't last long.

I now work in another daycare where EVERYONE loves me, adults included!! I'm much happier, & occasionally get the confidence boost of intact being normal. 馃槉

Registered
I can tell you from personal intact-in-circumcising-country experience (good ol' USA) that I, too, MooseMtnMidwife, was very nearly teased insane back in High School.... Fun times the early 2000s. Not a single girl stood up for me - much of the teasing was done in front of girls . Granted, the jerks were simply asking if I was circumcised, but still.... Didn't feel good not having someone in my corner.

And then, after high school.... .... ... What a shock... ... ... Nobody cared. So it will get better. I used to work in a daycare for Hispanic Migrant workers kids, so helping herd the boys in & out for bathroom breaks was a great confidence boost. The adults I worked with treated me like crap, so that didn't last long.

I now work in another daycare where EVERYONE loves me, adults included!! I'm much happier, & occasionally get the confidence boost of intact being normal. 馃槉
I'm sorry you were subjected to kind of teasing. Kids can be cruel and have a tendency to gang up on other kids who might be a bit "different". I'm happy that you got through that. Intact IS normal. Nature does not make mistakes. You probably know by now that you are very fortunate to have been left whole, like 80% of the world's males. All those circumcised guys are at a distinct disadvantage when it comes to sexual enjoyment. Many don't realise that and very few will acknowlege it.

I'm reminded of a quote that I saw somewhere long ago. An intact guy was asked if he ever felt "different". He replied: "Yes, gloriously different". As a guy who was circumcised with no choice in the matter, I envy all of you who are whole.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts