Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 11 month old DD recently started biting my nipples when she's mad at me. I always nurse her down for naps and at bedtime, and when she doesn't want to go to sleep, she bites the nipple. Now that her upper teeth have come in, it really hurts. I've just been saying "ouch, that hurts mama," and then putting the boob away. But that doesn't seem to be working. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Yes. Watch her when she nurses. As soon as you see her adjust, take her off. It is her moving her tongue back so that she can bite.<br><br>
Only nurse her when you are sure she needs it. If you think she's in a "mood" to bite, offer her a drink from something else.<br><br>
It took me about a month to get my first daughter to stop exactly that. She thought it was funny. I actually would have to PRY her off of me, and even had to stick my finger into her throat to get her to let go for about a week. If she does bite you good like my little pitbull would, as soon as you see the bite coming or it has happened, you slip your index finger in where your nipple is and lever the jaw open.<br><br>
No casual, or leisurely nursing until and unless she stops. If she crys, you'll have to give her the "loves" some other way if she won't stop it that day/night/hour. That isn't CIO - it is a legitimate boundary and you are right there with her while she is frustrated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts