Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I have two boys, 9 and 13. I have a general 'neighborhood moms' group that I trade parenting tips and talk about life with.

Recently, a fellow mother and one of my best friends, Sharon, has introduced a parenting technique for rowdy young boys that she calls 'sexual healing'... you can probably assume what it is about by what she calls it...

She says that she's tried it out on her boy, 9, and that it has really helped their relationship and his temper. I am curious if this is a valid parenting strategy or if this is even legal.

For clarification, every mother in my group is either Christian or Jewish... multiple of them have said they tried it after she brought it up, and it was of great benefit to them and their sons.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Maybe I'm obtuse, but I can't in a million years figure out what 'sexual healing' is, for rowdy young boys. Is this mom abusing her children? Is that what she's telling you?? Because that's the only thing I can think of. Help me out here... I have no idea. I tried googling and got nothin'.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe I'm obtuse, but I can't in a million years figure out what 'sexual healing' is, for rowdy young boys. Is this mom abusing her children? Is that what she's telling you?? Because that's the only thing I can think of. Help me out here... I have no idea. I tried googling and got nothin'.
Maybe better of the original poster responds. I assume it has something to do with regulating/policing self-exploration behavior...? I could be completely misinterpreting....?

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Maybe better of the original poster responds. I assume it has something to do with regulating/policing self-exploration behavior...? I could be completely misinterpreting....?
Oh... maybe she is encouraging him to "self explore" to let steam off? The idea of that isn't a bad one, IMO, but the way it's presented sure sounds pedo-y and weird.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Clarified and this is EXACTLY what this is! They definitely presented it in a pedo-y way LMAO.
Thank goodness! What a weird way to present it. To you, and then you had to try to present it here. It sounds like she (the original mom, your friend) is making a way huger deal out of this than it needs to be! "Sexual healing", omgs. Why make it more obtuse and weird sounding than it needs to be?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts