Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this blog (http://inthemoodforamelody.blogspot.com/) is pretty cool. It's written by an American (he's the redhead you see in a few pics) who left his PhD program to teach in Honduras and then began travelling after that job ended. He's been travelling around South America for months now.

He started out as an uneasy Republican looking for some international experience before he 'settled down', and he chose South America because as a post-Mormon who'd served his mission there, he wanted to 'make up' for that by performing a real service.

His views have changed drastically while he's there (he is only returning to the States because he'll be running out of money soon and needs to pay off college loans
), but they (his views) are kept pretty low-key because of his very Mormon, very Republican family who reads the blog. Still, it is fascinating to read about his travels and the 'colonization' that he sees going on there. He's getting more gutsy in what he writes-I wish he'd open up more and let the cards fall where they may with his family. Either that, or start a new blog that he doesn't tell his family about!

I really want to know what others think of his blog.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I too enjoy reading his blog. (love the pics too!) I hope he opens up more and lets his family get re-aquainted with him - I bet they miss him. He sounds like such a neat person to know. Perhaps some of his views would change theirs. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuansprincess View Post
I too enjoy reading his blog. (love the pics too!) I hope he opens up more and lets his family get re-aquainted with him - I bet they miss him. He sounds like such a neat person to know. Perhaps some of his views would change theirs. Thanks for the link.

You really think they'd let their views be changed? You and I would...

I too hope he opens up more. I absolutely love his new posts after his time on the organic farms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts