·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BC Health Pays to Restore Man's Foreskin
Landmark patient calls circumcision 'human rights abuse.'
By Amanda Euringer
Published: July 25, 2006

"Tinari argues that "there is a conspiracy of silence around circumcision. First of all, the men who have been circumcised don't want to admit that there might be anything wrong with them, and they certainly wouldn't want to face that they had made a bad decision for their sons."

Tinari claims that "circumcision is also a multi-billion-dollar industry in Canada and the U.S." and that one doctor in the Lower Mainland of B.C. claims to have performed 20,000 circumcisions over the past decade, charging around $250 per procedure.

"There is the resale value," says Tinari. He is referring to the fact that human foreskins are a highly valuable tissue that can be grown in a lab to the size of a football field.

The foreskin has more blood cells and nerve endings than almost any other skin on the body. Most baby foreskins are used in insulin production, breathable bandages, and in the cosmetics industry. People like Tinari wonder why the sale of all other human tissue is considered illegal, or is highly regulated, yet doctors are allowed to remove healthy tissue without the patient's consent and against all medical recommendations, then sell it for profit in a for-profit industry.

Dr. Tinari estimates that between the surgery and the foreskin's resale value, each foreskin is worth approximately $100,000."

http://thetyee.ca/News/2006/07/25/Circumcision/

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I am :puke at the thought of them growing foreskin and selling it for a profit! OMG. As if its not bad enough they make money from cutting off those innocent babes foreskins but they are .... omg I am just sick

And that contraption, that baby shaped board, do they really use that during circ's? I always knew that circ was unnecessary and I would never do it but my gosh I had no idea they actually strapped babies down to something like that
:

·
Registered
922 Posts
wow, and that circ. board...it's frighteneing! I am going to print out what you wrote to show dh...in case we ever have a ds. I hope to convince him. It's really non negotiable to me, but I"d like dh to be ok with the decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts