Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was carrying my 3.5 month old son in his wrap carrier, he was facing me and looking around, as he does when he is awake.

I had this lady come over and smile, so I smiled back and she said "that poor baby needs to have his bottom held so he will feel loved" ?????!!!!!! huh???? How can he not feel loved he is snuggled close to me like he is all day everyday since he was born!!!! I mumbled back a quick he knows he is well loved and is close to his mom's heart where he should be.

I couldn't believe this comment, what would she say to a baby in a stroller or a bucket seat?

ok rant over

tara

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
Doesn't everyone need to have their bottom held to feel loved?
:

I know I do, but thankfully DD hasn't hit puberty yet so a nice bum cup is resevred only for me and daddy till DD finds someone who fancies her just as much as we eachother

·
Registered
250 Posts
That's seriously weird. Maybe she wasn't from this planet?

But at least she was implying that babies need physical contact, rather than telling you to put the baby down because you'll spoil him. But that doesn't make it any less weird.... :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Speaking of "interesting" comments...I have heard a couple good ones...

A lady sees my baby slung in Kangaroo mode and makes some comment about it being "shocking, but charming" to see me wear my baby "like that".

Another lady noticed dd sleeping in the Ergo as I checked out at the grocery store. She said, "Ahhhh, poor baby, she must be sooooo uncomfortable." I said, "Yeah, so uncomfortable that she is sleeping like a rock!"

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my lil pearl View Post
Another lady noticed dd sleeping in the Ergo as I checked out at the grocery store. She said, "Ahhhh, poor baby, she must be sooooo uncomfortable." I said, "Yeah, so uncomfortable that she is sleeping like a rock!"
I have gotten this one as well.

I hadn't thought of the fact that at least she wasn't making a comment about him being spoiled
I am so used to the positive comments most especially the "we didn't have those when I had babies" when I happily show them that all he is in is fabric

tara

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.