Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned about this website from the article posted on mothering about the author. I learned a lot, and am glad to know she is doing this work. After reading this I will not allow my family to consume non-organic soy, corn, or canola any more (DS has already tested allergic to these anyway). Basically these are all genetically-engineered with foreign proteins designed to cause gut paralysis in pests, and are being banned in other countries.<br><br><a href="http://www.allergykids.com" target="_blank">www.allergykids.com</a>

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
Real Food: What to Eat and Why is a great book about basically the same thing. Why not to eat all these "industrialized" foods, and instead to eat real, organic, properly-raised food. Great book.

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Eh... good for awareness, and I have no doubt genetic engineering and processing of our food play a large role. But harping too much on chemicals lets other very crucial factors slip out the back door: antibiotics and vaccines (what vaccines actually do to the immune system not just that they contain chemicals). It's easy to blame chemicals and avoid facing the harder questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts