Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! Please

The instructions read:

18th row: Inc 1 st in 1st st. *K3tog. wrapping wool around needle twice. (K1. P1. K1) into next st. Repeat from * to last 2 sts. K2.

19th row: K1. Purl to last st. dropping extra loop off needle to form a long st. K1.

I'm only on row 17, but I'm reading ahead and it seems like "dropping extra loop" will be a stumbling block to me. What extra loop? The Inc 1 st in 1st st-stitch (of row 18?) Or the stitch that I just purled (ie/ the 2nd-to last stitch of row 19?) Won't that be like dropping a stitch and then it will unravel?

This is my first lace-y pattern and I'm pretty impressed with me so far
but this next bit is daunting.

Thanks in advance you clever knitting mamas, you!

·
Registered
83 Posts
hmmm. I don't have tons of experience with lace, but I have made a scarf that included stitches where you wrap the yarn around the needle twice when you make a stitch. That's where your "extra loop" will come from- where it says "wrapping wool around the needle twice." To do that, wrap like you are going to knit, but rather than knitting the stitch, wrap again, THEN knit. Then, the next time you come around to that stitch, you will just work the first "wrap" you come to and let the other one slip off the needle- that will make a longer stitch. Hope that helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.