Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,<br>
I posted this is in H&H, but thought maybe there would be some here with some experience. My son does not have any special needs or any delays at all, but I am really stumped about this, and not sure what to do. here's what I posted over there:<br><br>
Does anyone have any experience with this that they can tell me? My son is 4 yrs and 3 months, and several weeks ago we noticed he was crossing his eyes when he was focusing on something really close (like a carrot down at his mouth, for example). At first we thought he was doing it on purpose, then we realized that the left eye crossed inward more than the right eye. And it seemed he was not doing it on purpose. It started to happen more frequently, and sometimes when he was just focused on something close up like playing with Legos. It is only when focusing near, and it doesn't last for very long.<br><br>
I took him to a pediatric opthalmologist, who said that he is older for when this usually presents. It usually presents by 3 and 1/2. And that typically the child crosses both when focusing near and far. My son only does it when focusing near, and not all the time. It usually doesn't last very long. The doctor was content to wait and watch it, come back in 6 months, but to call him if it increased significantly.<br><br>
From everything that I have read, this does not seem like typical strabismus. But if it is that, the earlier you do the treatment, the better the outcome.<br><br>
We are also dealing with some gut issues ever since he took abx back in Feb. He took Zithromax, and we are still trying to get his bowels back to normal.<br><br>
Everything else about him is completely healthy, typical, advanced. He has no developmental or motor delays, he is very bright and very physically capable. Never had any other allopathic medicine before these abx, so it can't be related to vax or anything.<br><br>
I'm not sure what to do, whether to get a 2nd opinion. I also don't want to drag him around to different doctors if it's nothing.<br><br>
Any advice?<br><br>
TIA

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
I responded in your H&H thread. Best wishes!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts