Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..new here...sort of..

I am due June 1st, but really feel this baby will be here in May so I figured I will post a bit in May forum as well .

Anyone else due late, late May ? I believe the 31st is a blue Moon in some regions !!

Anyway, last night I had an hour of regular painfull contractions across the bottom front of my belly (like at pubic line). The pain seemed to be mostly on one side of my abdomen though, to the right of my belly button. The contractions stopped but the pain continued through the night to the point that I could not sleep and was doubled over. It is even sore to the touch and feels like a bruised muscle. It still hurts today as well. There has also been this strange feeling the last week or so of pressure and fullness in my pelvis and vagina.

Has anyone else experienced these odd symptoms ??

It has been a stressfull week, maybe that has somthing to do with it. We live and travel in a converted house bus and someone put sugar in our tank last week..destroying our engine and thereby our only home..

Yeah..lots of stress....

Love n Light ~ Pixie

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
UTI's can also cause contractions, as can any type of infection. Lower right side near the belly button can also be the appendix. Are you having anything else going on? Fever, pain or frequent urination? Could also just be some round ligament pain and normal pregnancy stretching and growing, but if it continues, you might want to call your midwife or doctor.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I just experienced those symptoms -- along with back pain. It was a UTI for me, twice now and I haven't had one in MANY years before pregnancy. Another note: there was no "tingling" feeling although I was peeing more than usual. I actually didn't notice myself since I've been going so much since conceiving but DH was convinced I was in the bathroom much more than usual. Go figure...

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I'd get checked for a UTI. I just found out yesterday I had one. I'd been having a TON of contractions for a week (one atleast every 15 minutes all day, every day) but had none of the normal UTI symptoms. I would have never known it was a UTI but a doctor I work with told me to check it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.