Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am not sure how you all do this here but I was hoping to join you all even though I am very late! DH and I's first is due June 12 and we are planning a home birth. I have lurked on and off of these boards for the past couple of months but am feeling the need for more like-minded support!

And my question- I have BH contractions all of the time, I have been getting them since 16 weeks- I guess i just have a sensitive uterus. Lately they are a little more noticable, though I wouldn't say painful, but they tend to be pretty consistent all evening long (like every few minutes) then they are gone by morning with just a few during the day. My midwives and my Dr's don't seem concerned but I still feel the need to ask if anyone else is in the same boat?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
bh ctx begin from week 6 of pregnancy on. i get them all the time. if i have to pee real bad, if i get up from sitting down, if i walk a lot, if i pick up dd, etc. they are more noticeable now and have been since about 28 weeks or so. it really is nothing to worry about, so long as they aren't accompanied by menstrual like cramps or have the sensation of them starting low or in your back and then spreading around and upwards in the rest of your uterus (those could be real contractions).

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Welcome!
I don't notice them as often as you seem to but they are definitely getting more frequent and stronger over the last couple weeks. I usually get them during the day at work, and I find it helps if I get up and walk around a little, or do something to change positions. And drink lots of water of course!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yes, I seem to have them constantly- and they tend to increase in the late afternoon and evening. I feel like a whale right now because my uterus is so HARD. It's not painful, but uncomfortable. I can't walk for any distance without getting them, and having to pee makes it worse. I'd say what you are feeling is normal, at least based on my experience. This is my second pregnancy and it was similar last time.

Oh, and welcome!!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I have been having these recently and was worried about going into preterm labor. My midwife suggest a Calcium/Magnesium supplement of 1000 mg's a day to calm my 'irritable uterus'. Perhaps you can ask your midwife about this?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I was having a LOT of this until a few days ago. Then I cut out all coffee (sniff sniff) - I had been having 2 cups in the morning of 1/3 organic caf and 2/3 organic swiss water decaf. Apparently the tannins can aggravate a sensitive uterus. I also added in liquid magnesium (can act as a natural muscle relaxant) and already take calcium and Vit D. I do still drink 8-12 ounces a day of RRL tea as I feel the benefits outweigh any discomfort. I also really upped my intake of electrolytes - to each glass of water I add either coconut water or gatorade - about 1 ounce to 8 ounces water. I tend to drink about 12-14 glasses total a day.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have no issue with dehydration, or vitamin intake. And I have them all. the. time. Well, not constant... they start about 1 in the afternoon and do not let up until iI have been in bed for the night for a couple hours. I can so very little all afternoon an evening bc they drain me of all energy. Lots of days I can hardly eat dinner bc they cramp my stomach so badly. Painful and wearying. I wish, o!, I wish there was something I could take to help them.

I'm sorry I have nothing to offer but know that you are not alone!!

BTW I am new to here also. I only found this about 2 weeks ago...

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Welcome!
I have bh contractions often- especially if I walk anywhere. My MW said that as long as there are fewer than 6 an hour, that it's fine (unless you think they might be real contractions).
She also said that red raspberry leaf tea might help calm them. It could be true- I was having more the couple weeks I went without drinking the tea. Now that I'm back drinking a cup a day, I seem to be having them less.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome!! I have found this group VERY helpful it seems there is always someone that is having similar experiences, so you don't feel so alone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.