Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Selissa I have one sixteen month old beautiful baby boy.

how are you ladies doing? I hava couple questions for all your wise women...

My period should have come between the 1st and third of this month (most likely the second). I tested on the 3rd and got a negative with a hpt and again yesterday (the 7th) and again got a negative. I have been having mild symptoms but that could all be in my head yk?

I still breastfeed my 16 month old alot so that could be the cause of the missed af...

so should i bother testing again...everytime it comes up negative it is so devastating...I don't know if i can bare it again.

tia ladies

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I need more info:

How long have you had AF back since giving birth? Have you been regular since you got AF back, or are you just going based on what you were like *before* giving birth?

I assume you're not charting...

Basically, I wouldn't test again, unless you've been regular for awhile since giving birth (6 months or so of very regular periods). At the most, I would test once a week, but more likely once every two weeks. I am really test-cautious, though.

Also, I would start charting now. You may see a pattern (or lack thereof) which could help you figure this out! It might not be very clear, but it's better than what you know now...

HTH! (And
: cause it sounds like you'd be wanting a new babe!)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long have you had AF back since giving birth? 6 months

Have you been regular since you got AF back, or are you just going based on what you were like *before* giving birth?

1st af was on the first of that month then i skipped one period, then i have been regualr since then

no I'm not charting though around the 15th i had stretchy cloudy whitish cm and a very small amount of ewcm. we were sexually active during that time.

I do need to chart but the thing that is throwing me about this is that it is outside of my pattern. Ieverysingle time i have had af since having this baby it has been between the 1at and 3rd if the month (31 day cycle) and O between the 15th and 20th (i'm not temping so i'm just going by fluids here)

thank you so much for your help and well wishes...we do want a new baby so much

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Hmmmm... well, I would wait a few more days, if you can, and then re-test. But meantime, I would start charting -- if your temps are consistently up, then KHA (keep hope alive)! If not, well, we'll KHA for when you do ovulate!

Come join the One Thread, btw. That's where all of us, regardless of where we are in our cycles, hang out! We're really friendly and chatty, so it can be hard to keep up with us, but you'll get the hang of it in awhile, and until then, it's fun to hang on for the ride!

(BTW, I don't have good enough mucus patterns to go by that. Some women do, though! I hope you're one of them!)

:

Belly Blessings!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts