Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am Jenese Mama to Elliot and partner to Ryan. I am currently living in CT where I am a pretty crunchy AP SAHM. I have been lurking around the Mothering boards for a while and have finally decided to join in. And I need help. My DH is interviewing for a job at Okemo Mountain next week. It looks as though there is a pretty good chance he is going to get the job and we are very excited at the idea of a move there (and soon). Our problem is where to live? Or even where to look to live. Can anyone recommend any nearby communties where we should look for housing. We would like to rent at first while we feel out the area. I went to college at Green Mountain and worked for the dorest theatre festival so I know some about VT but not too much about the ludlow area.
Thanks in advance ladies! I look foward to getting to know you!

· Registered
2,906 Posts
welcome!

i also went to green mountain and now live right down the road in castleton. there are a lot of rental opportunities in ludlow...i'm not sure if you'd find cheaper ones outside of ludlow but i had many friends during college who lived in ludlow, worked at okemo and commuted to school.

good luck with your move!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Kris small world! Green Mountain has got to be one of the smallest schools around! I often wonder about some of the locals at The Pub and day dream about swinging by there for a pint. Ahhhhh, the more I think about it the more I really want this move to work out.

· Registered
2,906 Posts
the pub's not the same as it used to be with live music twice a week and a nice bartender...(strangely i blank on her name)

sometimes i wonder why i'm still down the road but it's nice to be so close to good memories. although hanging out at the pub is hard since ds arrived.

· Registered
2,889 Posts
Cool!
We're in Springfield, about 18 miles from Okemo.

Ludlow is a cute town, but the taxes/cost of land & homes is through the roof there. I've never tried to rent within town limits, so I don't know how prices are. Most people I know who work on the mountain and rent live in Cavendish/Proctorsville, Springfield, or further north in Mt. Holly and so forth. There is a free bus for Okemo employees that runs through C/P, Perkinsville, and Springfield. There may be one that goes north, but I've never used it, so I don't know...
Chester may look tempting (another very cute town, with a great little cafe/natural food store) but it's also pricey, and the bulk of ski traffic passes through there, (going back south to the interstate) and you want to avoid that current as much as possible in the winter.
This area has as many psycho realtors as anywhere else, so I have to spread the word about the one who helped us find our house: she's honest, sensible, down-to-earth, and genuinely helpful and cool. Lori Muse, Muse Associates, 802/885-2500 http://www.lorimuse.com/ I was thinking she may have some good leads/ideas about rentals to choose from in the area, too.
My favorite breakfast place around here is right at the one traffic light in Ludlow: Cafe at Delight

Feel free to ask any more questions- I'm psyched to help another MDC family move this way!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info ladies! We are going up tomorrow for his interview and spending the night, hopefully get to do some scouting around the area. Hoping real hard he gets this gig!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.