Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a long-time MDC'r, off and on since I was expecting my first child. I now have a new username, as my "stbx" (an acronym quite new to me) knows my old callname and I don't want snooping.

I read the whole "what do you wish you had asked for" thread in the sticky--and thankful for the BTDT advice! I hadn't thought about some of those things--like retirement options, dental v. medical, and getting splitting the costs of co-pays and Rx equitably.

I am trying SOOOO much to take my cousin's advice: Be the Duck. Let the insults, slights, annoyances, etc just roll off my back. It's difficult, as you know.

I have been fighting depression for more than half of my life now. before he announced that he wanted a divorce, I was doing the best I had been in years.

We had started couples counseling, and I had a new therapist who works closely with the psych. who I was actually being honest with. I was looking at depression as something I would get THROUGH. reading useful books, doing my yoga, communicating my needs, and then BAM. he says it's over. Moved to a friends house within a couple of weeks, Cut me down the state mandated % of CS at the same time. It is hard financially and emotionally.

I have slid back on most of the progress I had been making earlier this year. I go from wanting to "pawn my kids off" on someone else to being really really lonely without them. Either way, I am never at my best.

I have a couple of trustworthy friends. I have my parents for financial and some emotional support. But they generally don't support me in the way I'd like.

So here I am, I will probably post on some of the other threads--as it was on the miscarriage support board; wish we weren't here, but glad to have your support.

Peace, Nina.

· Registered
6,317 Posts
Hugs! Like you said, around here it's usually not a happy celebration to have a new momma join us, but you are so welcome!! Too many of us have been where you are and are getting through it and onto amazing lives for us and our kids. There's lots of inspiration and support to be had

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.