Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am SO happy to be here! I didn't expect to get pregnant, but it is a welcome surprise for my husband and I. This is my 2nd baby, my husband's first (been married 6 months) and we are both very happy and excited about this pregnancy.

I got a positive pregnancy test on Wed, the 19th while on vacation. I don't know if it is silly of me, but the fact that the second line was SO DARK and came up SO QUICK is making me wonder if I am farther along than I think? could I have multiples? I hate these first few weeks when so many questions are unanswered. My OB wants to see me tomorrow and I am thinking of asking for an HCG level to be taken every 72 hours for a week or so. I am so terrified of loss, I just need some reassurance. Does the shade of the line or how fast it shows up matter?

Anyway, I'm looking foward to getting to know all you ladies as we progress with our pregnancies

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
dont have much answers but just want to say

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Welcome and congratulations!!!

How many dpo were you when you tested?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pianojazzgirl
How many dpo were you when you tested?
I'm not sure how many DPO I was- we weren't TTC or charting cycles, but I tested on the day my period was due. I was shocked that the result came up so quickly because with my first son I tested at 6 weeks and it took a few minutes for a barley there line to appear.
:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Welcome and congratulations!

The darkness of the line and the time in which it appears doesn't necessarily tell you much. Some tests might have more dye than another or be more sensitive than others. It varies from batch to batch within brands too. (www.peeonastick.com is a great resource for all things pregnancy test related if you want to read more about it.) Having your hCG checked will definitely help sort things out.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts