Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using pouches since ds was born (he's 16 mo), and sometimes a mei tai, but the mei tai kept bunching up around my waist. So I finally broke down and bought a storchenwiege and i LOVE IT. So does DH.<br><br>
But here's the problem - DS can't stand getting into it. He runs away or throws a big fuss when I try to wrap it around him, and he squirms a bunch getting into it. Once he's in, he's happy as a clam, but getting him used to the idea of going in is a royal pain.<br><br>
Other than patient persistence, any tips?

·
Registered
852 Posts
what if you make a tiny little wrap for him to use on a stuffed animal or doll? Or put a stuffed animal or doll on your own back with your wrap.<br><br>
Maybe take a picture of him in the wrap so he can see how it works rather than just feeling it. Show him how the different straps support him and what each one does.<br><br>
And I don't know how you get him into the wrap, but maybe that's something that you could experiment with until you find something he's more chill about, like putting the wrap against the back of a couch, letting him lean into it, and then you lean into him and then you both lean forward, pulling the wrap with you.<br><br>
Or maybe making a game or a song out of it?<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts