Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday December 2nd at 4:20pm, Madison Lesh was born. She weighs 6lbs 13oz, and is 19 1/2 inches long. I was in labor for 37 hours. My water had a rupture that we didn't catch at my prior appointment, so I was slowly leaking. Monday morning at about 3am, some water and blood gushed. When they discovered the rupture, they realized how low my fluid was. Things weren't progressing how they should have, so I was given cervidel (sp?) and we had to wait 12 hours. Then I was given pitocin and things sort of sped up. After 24 hours, I needed to give in to an epidural. The pitocin made my contractions less then a min apart but my cervix just wouldn't soften. Things slowed down and at one point my contractions went back to 10 min apart. Fast forward through some more pitocin and horrific contractions, and my cervix only dilated to 2.8cm. So they decided to give me a cesarian. While none of this was my labor plan, it was the safest way to get Madison here. Hubby has fallen in love for the second time in his life (his words), I'm undeniably in love, and she's a treasure. I'm so happy God has finally blessed us again.

Attachments

Reactions: nsmomtobe

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
So happy for you! I remember our time in the one thread, hoping and praying for a little baby and now you have your beautiful blessing. So glad I've been with you along the way sharing in the journey.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been great forming new friendships during this journey. Glad you're one of them!

·
Registered
375 Posts
congrats! beautiful baby girl! enjoy this special time :)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
DDC crashing to say congratulations! Madison is beautiful!

·
Registered
328 Posts
i am so glad that despite all the unanticipated difficulties during your labour she is finally earthside. congratulations!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts