Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. It feels good to finally have internet connection again.

So, I'd like to introduce my newest baby girl....Maezey L. She was born one week ago at 2:08 am by c-section. The labour was going smoothly up until I was 9 cm dilated and then things went downhill. C-section was discussed and determined to be the best option at that point. I was disappointed with having to go through another c-section after having a VBAC with my 2nd baby, but knew that I would have a healthy baby in the end.

When they brought her out of me and after they did a quick checkover of her, my husband held her and showed her to me....wow, she looked really big. She was weighed a short time after in the nursery (with my husband present) and weighed a whopping 9 lbs 9 oz. That's why she looked so big to me. My other two babes were 7 lbs 0.5 oz and 7 lbs 14 oz.

My grandma gave her a name after what would be Maezey's Great-Great-Great Grandmother's name....Waawaase. It's an Anishinaabemowin word for a weather condition when the sun shines through the clouds.

She's a beautiful baby with a head full of dark hair, something I was hoping for. I'll update another time with a picture or two. Thanks for reading.

· Registered
5,936 Posts
Congratulations and welcome Maezey.

· Registered
1,965 Posts
Congrats mama! What a lovely story about the name. Glad you are both healthy and safe. Welcome Maezey!!!
:

XOXO
B

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.