Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ds is a major extrovert (I think). He loves a party, loves people, will play by himself with something but definitely wants us nearby. We co-sleep, and fortunately he is very good at it. Snuggles right up, for the most part, and not squirmy during the night. My mom was trying to get him to go to sleep on his own once while we were together - I told her it wouldn't work but she insisted that my sister loved that, and she remembers really valuing her time alone at the end of the day, even as a baby. Ds won't even let us out of the bed when he's there, though, so we are all going to bed at 8.<br><br>
This got me thinking, based on the personalities involved and different moms I know, if there might be a difference in co-sleeping ease between introverts and extroverts? My sister still prefers to have plenty of space in the bed, whereas my dh and I will sleep in a single without being miserable (although we don't prefer it!).<br><br>
Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
NAK<br><br>
my son is an extrovert and pretty much the same. tho at 9 months he does like to have some space between us, if he's not teething or has a cold... so, we have 2 queen mattresses on the floor and i take turns on each (remy is in one, my dh in the other).

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Dd1 is incredibly extroverted and has only started sleeping by herself since she turned 7. Even after she moved out of our bed - she slept beside our bed and then with her younger brother when he moved to his room. Ds1 is very introverted and loved cosleeping with us and still sleeps with his younger sister.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts