Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who thinks they know what they are having? Will you be finding out by U/S? Anyone want to share what they think they are having and why?

I'll go first...
I'm not sure.
Everytime I think of something about this baby (buying clothes, decorating a nursery, anything I think "Girl". It may just because I really want to buy girly pink frilly things but I don't know. Also have had 2 girl dreams early on.

(With DS1 I also thought he might be a girl and we didn't find out. With DS2 I thought maybe girl because the pg was so different but one night early on I said to DH -- I think this is a boy and we should name him Luke. He was a boy and that's his name. I even imagined him having dark hair and dark eyes (while DS1 is very fair) so that is some pretty strong intutition for me!
)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i have no idea at all and we won't be finding out until the birth. but, my MIL is having very strong girl feelings and my mother is as well. i have no idea what to think - i will be happy either way - ds will be 21 mos. when this baby is born, so part of me thinks it would be nice to have a boy because they will be so close in age, but part of me things it would be nice to have a girl because they will be so close in age

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
i think i'd like a boy, but i feel like it's a girl. the babe's daddy is very intuitive (like almost to the point of creepy), has prophetic dreams and such, and he's convinced it's a girl. so.....who knows! we'll find out in may, hehe

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I think this baby is a boy, and I've been right with my other two.

We also won't be finding out until May!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I really think this baby is a girl. I haven't decided yet about an ultrasound. With DD I just knew she was a girl and sure enough she was! I really hope this one is a girl too because they will be sharing a room and I already have all the girl clothes!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Whenever I imagne the fetus, I imagine a boy... but when I imagine a baby, I always see a girl.

So I have no idea.

We're going to have the ultrasound along with other diagnostic testing so we'll know the sex in about five weeks.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I really really really want to find out the sex in December (in about 6 weeks) but DH has suddenly decided he doesn't want us to find out until May. I've been trying to convince him but he thinks it will be more fun this way.

·
Registered
892 Posts
wait--have you guys done the wedding ring (or any ring) tied to a long piece of dental floss thing yet? you hold it in the air over your belly and....a back and forth line means one sex and a circle the other. i am guessing circle is for girl but i cant remember!

i bet someone out there knows, though, jeez, how helpful am i?

someone needs to try it, maybe i can test it since i already know the gender

deb

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tofutti View Post
wait--have you guys done the wedding ring (or any ring) tied to a long piece of dental floss thing yet? you hold it in the air over your belly and....a back and forth line means one sex and a circle the other. i am guessing circle is for girl but i cant remember!

i bet someone out there knows, though, jeez, how helpful am i?

someone needs to try it, maybe i can test it since i already know the gender

deb
Oh! What are you having? Yes--try it and tell us how well it works.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I don't have a clue! For whatever reason I thought dd1 was a boy. Then, when my pregnancy with dd2 was different than dd1's, I thought she must be a boy (very logical...eh?). This pregnancy is so different form the last 2 and everybody keeps saying, "Then it must be a boy!" But I don't buy it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
THE RING THING WORKED!!!!!! freak out!! it went in a line, and then i looked it up.....and.........

QUOTE from some website:

"Try suspending your wedding ring over your palm by a thread. If the ring swings in a circle, it's a girl. If it swings straight, it's a BOY." YUP IT IS!

y'all have to try this, we can do a scientific study of this very non-scientific technique.

me and DH "knew" it was a boy before the CVS test, and guess what, we were right

ALSO found this:
"And a recent study asked 104 pregnant women, who had not checked their babies' genders through prenatal testing, to guess their babies' genders. Those who based their guesses on feelings or dreams were 71% correct!"

deb

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.