Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beautiful 9 month old son. I FEEL I am pregnant with a second, unplanned child. While I feel blessed and the new baby seems to glow, I am also feeling overwhelmed. I am still adjusting to my first child and feel like I have a long way to go. I invite your stories, comments, suggestions on the situation.
I am also blessed to have a wonderful supportive husband. We seem to pull through no matter what and I am confident in our abilities. But, we have experienced much difficulty in adjusting to our new life. I feel that we will need more help or a different outlook this time.
I look forward to your insights.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I am holding my second child as I type, she is 4 months old today. Darlene, is playing with her dad. She will be 15 months tomorrow. I'll be honest, finding out I was preg with #2 at 12 weeks postpartum, and then being 9 weeks along, was the shock of my life. The preg. sucked, and the first 3 months of Daphne's life have been truly challenging. It gets easier everyday though! And now I wouldn't change a thing. Dar & Daphne will be wonderful playmates, & seeing them coo @ each other melts my heart. There are days I could go nuts, but overall - the agony of being preg for 2 years is soooo worth this. Plus, the way I see it is I'm ahead of the game! We wanted a second kid, and wheras my peers are just now trying tc again, I;ve already been through it all!
Good Luck Mama!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Our children are 18 months apart and it was difficult at first for some things, but it is so wonderful in so many ways. It is harder to go out and do things, such as grocery shopping and the like, when they are small. But, now my kids are 7 and 5 yrs old and they sleep in the same bed because they just can't sleep without each other. And, they get each other drinks of water, and they both are involved in mostly the same activities because they truly want to be together. So, it is nice to see that they have that. I wish I would've had that now that I see what they have, but my brother was 13 years younger than I am. Overall, I think it definitely gets easier with time due to the fact that they are more independent now and like to help each other-well, most days, anyway!

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
I got pregnant again when my twins were 6 months old (very unplanned). they are 5,5, and 4 now... It is very very hard & still quite overwhelming - they are all boys and very active.

to be honest one of the hardest things is that I'd really like another baby but there's no way I can handle it....

the good thing of course is how close they are

·
Registered
934 Posts
My second and third are 16mos apart. Slings were the absolute greatest thing for us the first few months; otherwise I don't know how we ever would have gotten out! My middle child is very easygoing and calm which I think helped a lot esp. since my youngest is very spirited. Right now we're at a rough time 2yo and 3.5 yo. 2yo is not quite to the point where he can reliably share toys, or express himself clearly etc. and gets easily frustrated which in turn frustrates my 3yo. Their relationship is always changing though, and I'm glad to hear that sugarpluma's kids are so close--I'm looking forward to that

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
My dh attended his older sisters first birthday.... Meaning she was born in Oct and then, less than a year later, he was born. So dh was a few weeks old when his older sister turned one. My MIL says it was great... and she went on to have 4 more children. I guess to be fair I should mention that they are Catholic!

I know lots of other people who have close siblings. The only thing I've heard was truly 'hard' was when they were finishing hs/starting college. And then it was hard financially and worry-wise.

Have fun with those babies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.