Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had any luck at all finding a non-vax friendly pediatrician in Iowa City. This is really important to me and my partner, and we are cutting pretty close (our baby is due April 3rd.) If you have ANY suggestions at all, please share. I don't really know where else to turn.<br><br>
Thank you.<br>
J

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
J-<br>
We have a ped in Coralville (she isn't currently taking new patients though) that ds is in care with and we don't vax. However we didn't go into the practice stating we will not be vaxing. The doc isn't pro-non-vax, but after we signed a waiver to not vax she didn't push anymore, she did go through her vax's are good, script, and I just informed her at that time that I was well versed in the risks of not vaxing and the risks of vaxing for ds.<br><br>
One option would be to not even broach the non-vax issue until it comes up. That way you (dc) is already a patient, and it makes declining the vax a little easier.<br><br>
Second option, go with a family practice rather than a ped.<br><br>
You could check the Iowa Mama's 2006 thread, Stephanie posted something about an ND in IC that practices, maybe once a week here. Just a thought, but I don't know if he takes children/newborns.<br><br>
Some people are comfortable not going to the ped/dr at all, unless their is a medical EMERGENCY. I have quite a few friends who have skipped the ped entirely, they don't have the need to visit with their child for a 'well child visit'. I personally, need that well child validation, so we go, even though we don't get much out of the visit, just a matter of personal preference.<br><br>
Good luck finding someone that you click with!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jason Bradley at the Bradley Center is an ND and a chiropractor. Because he is a chiropractor he can practice as an ND. Dr. Deol who practices at that clinic is an MD.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hi...we've had great luck with Dr. Oetting at Pediatric Associates...though she works p/t (can be hard to get into) and from what I hear, others in the practice may not feel the same. We have seen many of the other providers, and nobody has ever brought it up. I told her one time we weren't going to vax, and she's never mentioned it again...good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts