Mothering Forum banner

iParty press release

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Love_My_Bubba 
#1 ·
The following is the press release regarding the nurse-out. iParty has given us permission to release it freely. Please feel free to share!!

iParty's Policy to Accommodate Breastfeeding Moms Gains Attention:

"Nurse Out" Planned for Saturday

iParty, New England's largest party supply company, has, as many know, been at the center of a spirited discussion regarding the issue of public breastfeeding. iParty founders Sal Perisano and Dorice Dionne have been long-time supporters of the Kids Fund at Boston Medical Center which funded the Breastfeeding Center at the hospital.

iParty has established a policy accommodating mothers who wish to breastfeed in their stores and has communicated this new policy to their employees. On Saturday, April 28th, a group of moms looking to gain public awareness for this cause will be at the iParty store in South Weymouth to show support for the response and decisions iParty has made. "We're happy to have them," says Perisano. "We believe that as a corporate citizen it's our responsibility to listen to our customers, and accommodate a variety of needs. We hope that we've done that in this instance."

Julie Wheelan, one of the organizers of the "nurse-out" responds, "We are really pleased with iParty's response and their decision to create a store policy surrounding nursing moms. We are using the positive outcome of what could have been an unfortunate situation to create a supportive atmosphere surrounding breastfeeding mothers, their babies and iParty's very responsible actions in this matter. We are not protesting iParty. It is quite the opposite. We are thanking them for understanding our issue."

See less See more
#4 ·
Suggestions are to add this info to the press release so people know the time and location:

From http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=661972

We are going to meet at the store at 35 Pleasant St, South Weymouth, MA 02190 at 10AM on Saturday 4/28. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me for more info. If you could let me know you're coming that would be great so we can have a rough idea of how many moms we're going to have. This is the store's phone number in case you need directions (781) 682-9600.

#5 ·
It was so great to see everyone today- and a great turn out!

Please post if you catch things in the news, there were several people there from the media and Melissa and Julie were amazing spokeswomen!

Jessica

#6 ·
The nurse out was a great event! Thanks so much to Julie and Melissa!

Here's my husband's take on it: http://prwdot.org/2007/04/28/nursing-out/

I had a fantastic chat with two gals (in their 20's) who just happened to wander in. They were very curious about breastfeeding and had a ton of questions! They said that it was nice to see mothers advocating in such a peaceful, non judgmental way.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by woodchick View Post
The nurse out was a great event! Thanks so much to Julie and Melissa!

Here's my husband's take on it: http://prwdot.org/2007/04/28/nursing-out/

The pictures are fantastic!! Thanks for posting them

I had a fantastic chat with two gals (in their 20's) who just happened to wander in. They were very curious about breastfeeding and had a ton of questions! They said that it was nice to see mothers advocating in such a peaceful, non judgmental way.
The picures are great, thanks for posting them!!

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mimtessa View Post
hi babyboobieaddict and others,

It was so nice to be there, and to meet some of you. We taped the news, I thought channel 5 did a much better job than FOX, but 5 called it a nurse-in. Julie, did you get to see them?
I got to see FOX, but not channel 5. Does channel 5 have it on their web site?

I enjoyed meeting everyone as well!

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyBoobieAddict View Post
I got to see FOX, but not channel 5. Does channel 5 have it on their web site?

I enjoyed meeting everyone as well!
I don't know, but there's a close-up of you bfing, like, they focussed as close as they could get to your nursie and panned out.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mimtessa View Post
I don't know, but there's a close-up of you bfing, like, they focussed as close as they could get to your nursie and panned out.

My DH and Andrew get to enjoy them so why shouldn't the greater Boston area?
I don't think they have it on the website, I think I might order a transcript from the station.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.