Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to order my newborn stash, I'm just going to do prefolds and various covers.<br><br>
I'm wondering if there is a difference in the absorbancy of the IPF's and the CPF's? Which is more absorbant? I've heard that IPF's are much softer and I'd love to just use those but I also want the most absorbancy.<br><br>
So what would you suggest for my newborn dipes....also if you know where the best prices are please spill!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've only ever bought prefolds from AllyRae at <a href="http://wholefamilymarket.com/shop/home.php?cat=57" target="_blank">Cloth Diapers n More</a> (and I believe she gives an MDC discount of 5%) I have found her prices to be the best, and the prefolds are always wonderful. She will also prewash them for (I think) a quarter each. I order unbleached indians and since they have to be washed so many times, it's worth it to pay the quarter.<br>
I don't know about the abosorbency though. But I do know that last night was the first night he has EVER slept through the night without wool and it was using an indian PF from CDNM and a cotton babies insert in a large FB. We normally change him every 3ish hours because we want to, and also because his other combos have never really held longer than that. Last night he was sick and super crabby and I figured i would just change him when he leaked. He never did. So I would say they are very absorbent, considering that 2 cotton babies and a joey bunz was only taking him about 3 hours before leaking out.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I don't know that I see a huge difference in absorbency between the two, but I like the indian prefolds MUCH better for softness. I think the pins glide through the ipfs a lot easier than with cpfs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts