Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am just not understanding this completely. I understand that not all Jews agree with Israel's position in Lebanon et al. (obviously!)

To me though this just sounds like the forced protests by the Jews in Communist Russia. (where they had to say things like "Israel is bad" etc etc or face various "unpleasantness") I also know several Assyrians who were forced to march in demonstrations against Israel in Iran. Combined with the MASSIVE immigration of Persian Jews over the last decade and the general bent of some members of the Iranian gov't it just feels odd.

what the heck?

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...270024,00.html

this link may not be the best presentation but it was the only one that wasn't 80 lines long! argh!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Do you believe they are receiving credible and factual news on what is really going on there. Iran is not the mecca of free press or speech?

Quote:
A statement published Sunday in the formal internet website of the Jewish community in Iran said that "the Jewish congregation in Iran censures the human rights violations of the Palestinians in the Gaza strip by the Zionists and is grieved by this occurrence."

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anuska
Do you believe they are receiving credible and factual news on what is really going on there. Iran is not the mecca of free press or speech?
Perhaps. But believe it or not, not all Jews are Zionists. And not all Zionists agree with each other.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anuska
Here's a really interesting documentary on the subject that you might find informative. (speaking of meccas of free speech)

·
Registered
14,311 Posts

The Jewish community in Iran has its own problems and chooses to deal with it in its own way.

We've got many friends who are Iranian, and they are always concerned for their families still in Iran.

This post is totally and just out-of-left-field off-topic:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamajama
Here's a really interesting documentary on the subject that you might find informative. (speaking of meccas of free speech)
But since you brought up the topic ...

That's a really interesting piece of propoganda that you might find propogandistic (speaking of supposed meccas of free speech).

Will point out the irony in the description of saying that America's support for Israel is predicated on a need for oil. Israel has no oil. And the oil-producing nations are mostly anti-Israel, and because of US support for Israel, have responded with oil embargos and the like.

But this is all tangential.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts