Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this on the news about an hour ago and it's already on YouTube...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamatoablessing View Post
Violence is violence. G*d help us if this were PE Obama.
Well, at least Obama would be less likely to send the poor guy to Guantanamo Bay.

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
I get that it is an "assault" and should not be condoned...

....but I do understand the cultural significance of what he did, and I have to applaud him for speaking out when he had a chance, in a way that was culturally relevant to his experience....

...I hope Obama makes sure the guy is not in some secret CIA prison somewhere when it's all over.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KailuaMamatoMaya View Post
I get that it is an "assault" and should not be condoned...

....but I do understand the cultural significance of what he did, and I have to applaud him for speaking out when he had a chance, in a way that was culturally relevant to his experience....

...I hope Obama makes sure the guy is not in some secret CIA prison somewhere when it's all over.
ITA. But really, my lower self can't help but think that Bush totally deserved this and it is too bad he didn't get a heel on the forehead. After all the collective pain of the past 8 years.... a little bump on the forehead is getting off easy imho.

And hopefully the reporter is home with his family still.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeca View Post
What's that suppose to mean?
I'm not sure what the poster meant but I took it as Obama is a well liked PE. We wouldn't be laughing or applauding if it was someone we liked.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
The guy is a hero. He did a symbolic thing that no doubt resonates with a good portion of the Iraqi public. After all, look how Bush's war has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi civillians...and destroyed their country. Look what has happened to women's rights in what was the best country for women in the Arab world.

I can't believe they've arrested him... and are testing him for drugs and alcohol. IMHO, his sanity is evident.

I can see this guy being elected to something.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.