Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some other recent thread asking the opposite, like do you have friends that vax, and I was noticing that most all (including me)have all friends and family who do...and think we are crazy (either loudly or to themselves
)
I was wondering, not that I dont like typing on here, (ok I HATE typing, thats why you never see me post, but Im always here!) does anyone have anyone IRL that you are able to sit and talk about these topics with? I am dying for someone! I need a warm body!, not just a keyboard! DH listen to me, and agrees, but rarely has any input.
Maybe there are people in my area, but I dont know of any from this forum that are...
anyway, any others who are feeling the same?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am fortunate enough that I have a "village", which is composed of other mothers that gave birth at the freestanding birth center where I did. Most of the mothers think along the same lines, and quite a few of my friends either don't vax or delay vax. So, when I need to, I can talk about it in person with someone.
Now, most of my "online friends" outside of MDC, are all vax and think I'm nuts and setting my kids up for some death sentence or something. Even when I present information and statistics, they think they are made up or just not true.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Yep and it is great. My sister stopped vaxing after my babblings. I was able to have some really good debates with a brother-in-law that went from "we will get our future children all of their vaccanations" to "there is no way we will put that crap into our future children" (except for two of them but we are working on educating him even more
) Even my mom has come around. She regrets having her kids shot up.

I also have homeschool friends that do not vax.

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
My closest friend doesn't vax (well like me her older kids are vaxed before she knew better) and there are a few other mamas in my homeschool group that don't vax. My mom is anti-vax (too bad not when I was a kid) and one of her friends has a baby and didn't vax or circ (they are both RNs too).

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I talk about it with almost all my close friends. Unfortunately, most of the ones who I talk about it with aren't parents yet. So they're all still unsure on the issue, despite having a lot of good info and most of them agreeing that most vaxes are dangerous or worthless. Sadly, just from a gut reaction, anyone who isn't sure seems to default to vaxing because that's the "safe" thing to do.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
I have a surprising number of friends who don't vac

My pastor and his family
A family that has 11 children doesn't vac and 4 of those kids have kids of their own and I know 2 of the 11 for sure don't vac and I imagine the other 2 don't either tho I haven't asked them.

Know at least 4 other families who don't vac.

Then there is a big homeshool group and knowing the group I bet there are a bunch not vac'ed

Unfortunately, though even though I am not as well read as many are on this forum in the matter I still have read a lot more about the issue than my friends/acquaintance's have. Its kinda sad they just feel that vaccines aren't a good idea but don't really have any hard core info on the matter. They don't know the ingredients nor our state's exemptions. They do however believe that there is a correlation between vaccines, ADD and the such. They also believe are bodies are fearfully and wonderfully made. They no doubt don't spend as much time on the puter as I do, their houses I am sure are cleaner
:

In my area as small as it is, not vac'ing is really growing
But then you have to understand that in my area many people don't like others telling them what to do

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Yup- our neighbors don't. A friend/ co-worker doesn't. Another friend delays and vaxes selectively.

I also have lots and lots of friends who do .

·
Registered
699 Posts
I don't know of anyone IRL that doesn't vax. One of my friends selectively vaxes after her DD had a reaction to her 4 month shots. At first, I was able to get into it with my mom (a school nurse) but she quickly dropped it after she realized that DH and I are both stubborn. The rest of my family thinks we're crazy in that nice, quiet way. After DS's 4 month WBV I told my friend about our pedi and she was flabbergasted that we weren't vaxing. She couldn't even comprehend not doing it.

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
I do....just ONE. She has no children of her own either ironiclly.

I can discuss it at the birth center playgroup we go to but few there I would consider friends...just acquaintances for the most part.

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
I have a decent number of friends IRL that don't vax either. I am sure there has to be some near you! Maybe they'll post and you can hook up!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama
I have a decent number of friends IRL that don't vax either. I am sure there has to be some near you! Maybe they'll post and you can hook up!!
Gosh that would be nice, you are not near Madison are you!?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tayndrewsmama
No, sorry, I am closer to Sheboygan.

Darn, although Im PM you someday if we ever move close to you...DH is looking for a new job that may take us north!!

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CNutty
Darn, although Im PM you someday if we ever move close to you...DH is looking for a new job that may take us north!!
Sounds good to me!

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
i don't have freinds per say......but some ladys, one in particular at my LLL group, we talk about non vaxing, homebirth and other ultra crunchy things.

Dh now talks to his workmates about the dangers of vaxes and circing. and i have my mom, who is fully supportive of us not vaxing.

dh has actually convinced some of his teenage co-workers to not vax themselves nor their kids (in the future) simply by telling them the ingrediants in some of them. the reactions were classic teen and early 20's reactions....EWWWWWWWWW

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have a neighbor who doesn't vax and she had homebirths! So I can babble on to her about it and she understands though she doesn't look into it as much as I do. My mom listens and has come around but she can't really tell me about new things that she has learned b/c she learns it all from me. I have one other friend that does not and I learned this recently so we have had a few discussions about it which I loved. She is the only person that i have found that I can really talk to about the things I'm interested in without thinking I am insane. Most people I have come across that i have mentioned not vaxing to think I am crazy and that at any moment my kids are going to fall over dead from some disease. Oh well.... I'm working on my sisters on vaxes and other issues but they don't have kids yet so hopefully I'll rub off!

Andrea

1 - 20 of 25 Posts