Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dd is 12 months old (recently) and I have yet to get her tested for iron levels. I feel bad I've waited this long and now I feel really worried even though she's fine! Also, our pediatrician makes us go to the Children's Medical Center to get tested - is that normal? We called them tonight and one person said you have to urgent care, and another said that we should have a paper that the doctor wrote up (which we looked in the file and found a bunch of papers from our last visit but not one she described). Is it supposed to be this difficult? And should I be worried that I waited so long?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Don't worry. She's probably fine. And even if she is anemic, at least you'll know, and you can start taking care of it. I'm surprised it's such a pain to have the test done, though. They did it at our ped's office during my son's 9mo WBV, and it was just a quick fingerprick. We had the results in less than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just a note -- I thought ours would be a pinprick too, but our ped apparently asked to get lead and cbc tests also, which in our case required a regular adult-like blood draw from a vein in his arm. You should certainly have it done, but be aware you may have to hold your little one down while they put a needle in his arm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts