Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Today I signed up to volunteer during the 2011 ironman lake placid event to see the race, help out, and get first dibs at a 2012 race slot. They are nearly impossible to get otherwise, it involves overnight parking lot camping if you can't get a volunteer spot, today was the first day of sign up to volunteer and at least 2/3 of the spots have been claimed. I'm working in the athlete food tent and I'm a big foodie so I'm glad. My daughter will be 11 months then and volunteering to be in her ergo for four hours. I bought this month's issue of triathlete, one of my favorite magazines, for their ironman training plan and I'm going to try it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The backstory:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I used to be in shape, high school sports, college cheerleading, and so on. Then, just a month after college ended, I had my daughter. I gained 70 pounds while pregnant. I lost all of 10 of it before I became pregnant again when she was eight months old. I gained a bunch more, I stopped looking at the weigh ins and asked them not to mention it but I estimate I was around 220lbs. at the heaviest weight while pregnant. After he was born I set out to do a triathlon, something I had been thinking about since high school. DH was on board with it and I lost 100lbs in the following year. I remained that weight for another year and a half, doing lots of racing including a half ironman, until I became pregnant with our third child. I gained a lot of weight back. DH was overseas (military) when he was born and it was depressing and I gained more weight after he was born. I peaked at 228. Then I became pregnant with our fourth. I was sure I would end up over 250 but I lost weight while pregnant from severe morning sickness and overall loss of appetite. I was 205ish the day she was born. That was three and a half months ago and today I was 180. I still would like to lose another 50-60 pounds to get back to my 'racing weight'. I'm still breastfeeding full time so I'm not sure how far I can go with calorie restriction so I'm just trying to not eat too much and get exercise.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm so excited! I know I can do it and I'm going to do it! I shared it on facebook so I'll have to face everyone where plus everyone here if I don't. I'm spreading the word as my way of keeping motivated. </p>

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
<p>Awesome!  I'm in awe of anyone who can do a tri!  I was a competitive swimmer through college and ever since I had a goal to run a marathon.  After several attempts and injuries I did one in October.  If I didn't despise the bike so much I would attempt a tri, but that darn bike has never been something I have liked! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have fun with your training!!  You can do it!!</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts