Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned to DH this morning how I would like a donut. He gallantly volunteered to go get some while he was out running errands. So when he returned I actually had joy in my heart, looking forward to my donut(s). The girls were really excited, too, so they sat right down and started eating. When I went to the kitchen a few minutes later there were NO DONUTS left in the bag. I said, "Where are all the donuts?" and DH said, "Oh, I didn't know if you wanted one or not so I got you an empanada (which is a type of Mexican pastry that I normally like). The empanada was a pumpkin one, which I don't like even when I am not pregnant, which I thought DH knew!

Needless to say, it wasn't a pretty scene. To me, when I say that I would like a donut I mean a sweet, round pastry with a hole in the middle. I do NOT mean a Mexican pastry filled with stewed pumpkin.

DH just looked kind of scared and ducked out of the room. I am sure I'll laugh about it later but right now I am mad! How hard is it?!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's awesome! LOL

We moved this past weekend and were trying to decide the placement of the furniture. When my husband told me what he wanted to do (which was not what I wanted to do!), I got all teary and said "I don't want to talk to you anymore, just arrange the whole house how YOU want it!!" Then I dramatically walked away and tried not to cry!

Geeehh! I felt like such a nerd afterwards!!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
OMG this is exactly how I've been.
In fact, I did the same thing when dh forgot lettuce today. "Now you've ruined my lunch! I wanted lettuce with my sandwich" (pout and try not to cry)

Pregnancy makes this evil diva come out of me.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Story of my life! I get that way about donuts even when I'm not pregnant! But double when I am!!

So far I am actually feeling a little more balanced than my normal pms she-hulk self. Maybe this pregnancy will be different. (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Not in your ddc, but I had to comment...when I was pregnant I asked DH to bring me a McDonald's cheeseburger without the meat, fries, and ketchup. Well, it had NO CHEESE, and he forgot the ketchup. I FLIPPED OUT, screamed at him, degraded him, and made him go out and get me another. I was N-U-T-S. I'm surprised the poor guy is still around. So you aren't that bad, actually

·
Registered
273 Posts
Last pregnancy, I told DH to get me a turkey. An whole turkey. And I made him cook it at 2 a.m. and by 6 a.m. it was done- and I ate the whole thing in one sitting! I snapped at him when he tried to take a piece. I'm not usually such a diva either!
:

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Yeah, we had this conversation over a BK whopper last night (he didn't get bbq sauce for my fries.) I'm surprised you didn't hear the shouting over there, actually.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I get like this too! With my first pregnancy I was young and living with my parents. I had a part time job at the mall and after work one night my mom picked me up. It was after 9pm and I was craving rice crispy treats in a bad way. I begged her to take me to get the ingredients but she was too tired so I broke down and sobbed, lol! She finally agreed to take me to the store but by the time we got home I was too tired to make them!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature View Post

Pregnancy makes this evil diva come out of me.

Oh mama, I'm sorry you didn't get the donut you wanted. If it makes you feel any better, my dh wouldn't have even gone out for food for me. He would have made me go for him you bet though.
:

Pregnancy makes an evil diva come out of me too! I was yelling at the girls for something stupid the other day and dh looks at me and goes, "what is your issue today? you are such a B$%#@!" And I looked at him and started whining, "I don't know!" And almost started crying. So yeah, EVIL!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amila View Post
Not in your ddc, but I had to comment...when I was pregnant I asked DH to bring me a McDonald's cheeseburger without the meat, fries, and ketchup. Well, it had NO CHEESE, and he forgot the ketchup. I FLIPPED OUT, screamed at him, degraded him, and made him go out and get me another. I was N-U-T-S. I'm surprised the poor guy is still around. So you aren't that bad, actually

That's too funny!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
You know what I don't get? For most of us, this isn't the first pregnancy. So even though in the moment we seem to have no control.. we know later that we're just hormonal and ya... come to think of it, this happens every pregnancy... But why don't the men understand that? My dh asks every time, "Whats wrong with you?! You're riding my back about everything lately!" and I feel like saying "DUH! I'm pregnant! Can't you see a correlation here yet? Its only been 4 times now!"

·
Registered
633 Posts
Last night we got home from touring the birth center and I tore the house apart looking for my prescious can of sour cream and onion Pringles. Then our roommate told me he'd seen a crumpled can in the trash......
So I asked dh if he ate my Pringles and he said "Yeah. Don't you have another can in the cupboard?" And I was, like, "NO! Those are a DIFFERENT FLAVOR! Oh my god!"
Poor dh offered to go to the store but I punished him by saying no.
I won that, right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.