Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little one will be 15mon in a few days and for the last few weeks when he nurses (not all the time but often) I find it SUPER irritating...the only way I can describe it is it makes my skin crawl...has this happened to anyone else...Why am I feeling this?

TIA
-Lori

·
Registered
694 Posts
I so know what you mean! I think most people call this being "touched out". I get super irritated w/dd when she's teething sometimes or when she's maybe not feeling so well and just wants to nurse *constantly*. Could you try offering him something else to eat or drink before you nurse him? Then maybe he wouldn't need to nurse as much or as long. Or even offer him something to eat and drink every 1-2 hours. If he's teething offer him something else to soothe his gums beside nursing. My dd loooves frozen blueberries or frozen fruit cut into small peices.
If this still doesn't help, sometimes I take it as my cue that I need some "me" time, and I'll get dh or one of the gramma's to watch dd for a few hours. That always helps!
Good luck!

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Is your period due? Make sure you're drinking enough water. Many moms feel like that when their supply is low.

-Angela

·
Registered
696 Posts
I *always* feel this way the week before my period. Last week was tough w/dd teething and my PMS. My supply dips the week before my period too, so long nursing sessions on "dry boobs" with painful nipples= skin crawling! I totally understand, but luckily it's usually a temporary thing for me. HTH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts