Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been cd'ing pretty simply around here. Tara (4 months this week
) is usually in either a fitted or a prefold with a prorap. We just moved up a size in proraps about a week ago so I know it's not from being too tight, but she keeps getting this awful rash around her thighs where the cover touches. When I was using the infant prefolds, if they slid down at all she'd get red where the cover touched the skin around her tummy as well. She does fine when we use the acrylic soakers my grandma has crocheted, but we don't have enough of those to last through the day and I don't think I can convince her to crochet a bunch more over the next week
So basically my question is what to use instead of PUL covers. Tara is a super soaker (saves it all up and then releases a flood at once) so I'm hesitant to use fleece. My older DD who was not a super soaker frequently peed through those. I had one wool cover that fit when she was a newborn and liked it but I'm not sure I can afford to change over to wool. Please feel free to point me in the direction of your favorites or tell me what you did if you had this problem. My PM box is always open for SPAM as well

I

· Registered
170 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lillaurensmomma
She does fine when we use the acrylic soakers my grandma has crocheted, but we don't have enough of those to last through the day and I don't think I can convince her to crochet a bunch more over the next week
So basically my question is what to use instead of PUL covers. Tara is a super soaker (saves it all up and then releases a flood at once) so I'm hesitant to use fleece. My older DD who was not a super soaker frequently peed through those. I
What type of fleece did you try? Windpro is great and I never had a leak with my super soaker. I never had a compression leak with WP like I did with regular MM fleece. You could make some sweater covers for your baby.
http://www.bumwrapdiapers.com/pages/pattern2.php
http://www.geocities.com/cyndiegran/...eaterpage.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.