Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a low-vax slow-vax friendly pediatrician, and preferably one that's also foreskin-friendly, in the Dallas/Ft worth TX area. I'm in Irving TX and am willing to travel to find one. Anyone know one?

·
Registered
152 Posts
We love our ped in Plano. She is definitely no-circ friendly, and I am certain that if you talked to her staff, she would be more than willing to work with you about the vax schedule. She is also very pro bfing and extended bfing. Her name is Nena Piga, and you can find her info on Yahoo Yellow Pages. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I am not sure about circ friendly, but I would imgine she is, I use a NP at Dr Walter Leons office In Arlington. Her name is Michelle and she is great, no pressure about the vaccines. She tells makes suggestions about what she thinks I might want to do next but if I tell her I am not in a vaxing mood she is ok with that answer, she just laughs and says "ok, see you next visit"<br><br>
I think she is a great NP and I highly recommend her. She is very inundated with the mainstream but loves to see parents who are informed and willing to go against the grain to care for their children.

·
Registered
545 Posts
<a href="http://www.padnewsletter.com/default.htm" target="_blank">http://www.padnewsletter.com/default.htm</a><br><br>
Chris Dreiling is pretty non-vax friendly...not sure about circ (we'll find out soon though since I am preggo with a boy).<br><br>
I should say though that I NEVER take my DD to the doc since she's never sick so I haven't seen him in like a year. You never know what kind of effect that could have on a doc - especially since we have had that change in Texas allowing the philosophical exemptions.<br><br>
Also, this practice is awesome about phone consults. They charge $10 for them, but they don't insist you bring your kid in - which is nice. Doctors' offices make kids sick IMHO.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I just wanted to agree with you about Michelle...I also go to Dr. Leon's office for my childrens care..actually we have been with Dr. Melody Burton for almost 7 yrs now..but since they changed the office policies, we now see whoever is avaliable..but I agree that they are pretty calm about their no-vax parents...They have never given me any problems about my children. HTH!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts