Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had stomach cramps and diarrhea for 3 days now. I called the doctor's office today and the nurse recommended a 24 hr clear liquids fast. It's really sounding like a good idea right now as I am tired of feeling like crap, but I don't know if it's a good idea when I'm nursing. And of course I am starving.

Anyhow, would this be okay to do? I can drink bone broths and maybe herbal teas (do those count as clear liquids? probably not).

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
I believe broths and teas do qualify as clear liquids. And, I would feel safe doing 24 hours. I wouldn't worry about your body starting to use it as a chance to detox in that short a period of time (i.e. starting to release toxins into breastmilk). My only concern would be making sure I didn't feel lightheaded. So, I'd make sure to have some juices or to put a little honey in the tea.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I'm sure it's fine. I had strep throat a couple weeks ago and for 4 days all I had was hot water mixed with honey. I continued nursing the whole time and my baby didn't seem to care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.