Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>New (to me) washing machine has a soak and prewash option. I have been doing a cold wash first, no detergent, followed by a hot wash with detergent, but if I skip the cold wash and  just do the prewash as part of the regular hot wash, is it likely to be a cold prewash? And I guess the detergent would go in at the beginning?</p>

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
<p>I do a cold soak with oxyclean free before the hot wash with detergent. I don't have a presoak option on my washer, so I just do a light load. the reasoning is the hot water may set the stains or something (not sure but that is what I remember).</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>if it's a pre-wash that goes at the beginning of the cycle, then it's usually the rinse temperature for the cycle. </p>

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
<p>I don't know what my FL does.  I suppose just call the company?  I do "Rinse and Spin" first so that is definitely cold.  Then I do a Prewash - Hot Wash.</p>

·
Registered
856 Posts
<p>My LG only does a cold prewash when I choose hot/cold for washing/rinsing. Didn't try warm/warm yet. You need to put in the mainwash detergent at the beginning. With my machine it need to be powder otherwise it already runs in during the prewash.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Carma</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts