Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I started using Acupuncture for fertility for the first time 2 months ago...and am now just 4 weeks pregnant.  My acupuncturist wants to continue seeing me once a week for the first trimester for her "prenatal" program.  I thought this was a good idea until coming across another question on a different forum of someone saying they heard conflicting reports that it can increase the chance of miscarriage!  Is there any basis to this?  Has anyone heard anything negative on going to an Acupuncturist during the first Trimester?  I already went once but wanted to double check - thanks!</p>

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
If you are seeing a board certified acupuncturist I would trust her/his judgment. I have been doing acupuncture for years and continued during my pregnancy. Of course there are points that are avoided during pregnancy but I would think that your acupunctuist would avoid those points...<br><br>
Jenne

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
<p>I did accu for fertility and then continued into my 1st tri for morning sickness and energy. I have never heard to avoid! </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts