Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finally sent in my registration info. yesterday. I am going both days . . . So far, I don't know anyone else who's going to be there, and would love to plan to meet up with some MDC mamas.

Let me know!

Lex

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I signed up for the first day, but I would really like to see the evening lecture--- I'm just not sure that dh is going to appreciate me being gone the whole day, especially with how crazy busy this month is/has been (and I have to work Sunday).
a
I am looking forward to it, this will be my 3rd year. Last year was a bit of a bust because I was unable to leave ds home and he caught the crazy bug that morning. We enjoyed the hallways, meeting up with other MDC & local parents, and checking out the booths! I caught tje lectures just barely/briefly.

Jessica

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Here's some info:
http://www.lllusa.org/MARIVT/ACfweb/

and the following blurb taken from the LLLI summary page for the conference:
2007 La Leche League of MA/RI/VT Area Conference

When and Where

Date: March 24 & 25, 2007
Special Guest:
  • Don Buckley, PhD - La Leche League Board of Directors Representative
Special Features:
  • Evening Speaker: Lawrence Cohen, author of Playful Parenting
  • Silent Auction
  • Bookstore
  • Children's Entertainment
For more information: www.lllusa.org/MARIVT/ACfweb/
kimberllleyh at gmail dot com.

Jessica

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, I'm so excited to see that some of you will be there!

For Saturday I'm signed up for: 108, 207, 304. And for Sunday, I'm signed up for: 403, 501, 601.

This will be my second time going. I went 3 years ago, when my twins were 13 months old. I brought them with me, and we had a great time, but I honestly don't think I even attempted more than 10 minutes of a session! This year, I'm just bringing the baby (he'll be a little over 4 months), so I'm hoping to get even more out of it.

I have my preview this Wednesday, so the conference will be a fun way to celebrate!

Lex

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I'm going both days - Sat:101, 204,304 and Sunday 403, 504, 601. I'm looking forward to it as it's my first time going w/o a baby! DH will be home w/ all 3!!

ETA: I'd too love to meet some MDC mamas in person!!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Kerrie,

Is Sunday for leaders only? All the info I got from LLL indicated that Saturday was the actual conference and Sunday was a leaders' day. I'm really hoping this is NOT the case because I tutor all day on Saturdays and Sunday is the only day I would be able to go.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi guys,

Sorry for sort of neglecting this thread . . . I am definitely still going to the conference--TOMORROW! Does anyone want to meet for lunch? I didn't buy a ticket to the fancy lunch. I was just going to bring a sandwich and then hopefully find some mamas to sit with somewhere.

Maybe we could meet at the bottom of the big staircase at lunchtime?

Let me know if anyone wants to meet up!

Lex

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Sorry, Amy, I've been meaning to email you, but I thought maybe it was just a typo or you were a leader in training...

Lunch... there is a restaurant at the hotel and a few from the South Shore AP group might try to meet up there. It's halfway decent and reasonalble priced (burgers, standard lunch stuff).

There's also a group meeting on the 2nd floor with their own lunches.

My mom is visiting this weekend, so the 3 of us were planning on going out to eat for lunch and would love to meet up with any others!!!

I wish I could stay for the evening speaker, but I think that will be too much to subject an almost 3 yo, too.

Kelli, I hope you are feeling better and that we see you.

Jessica

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Which one?
I'm planning on getting a sandwich somewhere - isn't there a sub shop in the strip mall near the hotel? I know that I'm going to meet w/some of the moms from my group but I'd love to meet some of you ladies, too!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Its actually IN the hotel-- I think that its after the hallway of windows that connects the conference center to the rest of the hotel. Hazy on the actual layout.

This is my picture (outdated, but close enough): http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...4_747021396403

Btw, I love your zoo animals(-: I used to work at nature centers and miss having the critters around. Although, I admit I did like the fact that they (and their meals) were at work and not at home.

Jessica

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yeah - when you are looking at the sign in table there are 2 sets of stairs - one on either side.

I don't mind the crickets and worms and the mice are in my downstairs freezer so I don't even think of them except on feeding day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.