Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm expecting our 4th baby, so you'd think I would be an expert by now.

I turned 38 weeks on Saturday. Sunday(yesterday) morning I woke up and felt kind of cruddy. I kept having diahrea and having a bunch of contractions. I tried to drink some water to make sure i wasn't dehydrated, then I took a bath to try to relax me. And then I started freaking out.
: I got really overwhelmed thinking it was the real thing and that I really wasn't ready for labor right now(I totally want my baby here and can hardly wait, I just am not wanting the labor!!). My DH came in from cleaning the garage and I was talking to him and I said I want a c-section.
: Our baby has been breech, the midwife turned him/her last Monday and I am 99% sure he/she turned back to breech. She will still do a home birth for a breech if we want that, as long as it's not a footling breech. So then my husband and I take a little walk around our yard and I said I could compromise and not have the c-section but have an epidural instead. My husband is telling me, you don't want a c-section, & you've given birth 3 times before without any kind of pain meds, vaginally, you don't want that. I honestly at the time felt like it would be the "easy" route to take. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me...of course I don't really WANT a c-section....I've paid all this money out of pocket to have a home birth....I don't even want to set foot into a hospital. I don't want an epidural either. I just wanted peace.

I sort of feel like I lost it for a bit there. I kept saying I wasn't ready and that I wanted to do this another day. Eventually the contractions slowed down, though I still had diahrea for the rest of the day. What's wrong with me? I really can hardly wait to meet my little one, but for some reason after 3 natural births, I'm scared of labor this time. (I've had 2 hospital births, and then one planned unassisted home birth...this one is planned home birth with a midwife).

Do you think it could be because I'm pretty sure the baby is breech and that just freaks me out a bit? I feel in my head that if the baby were to turn head down again that maybe I wouldn't be so scared? I've got an appointment with a Webster Certified Chiropractor for Wed(the soonest they could get me in). I've been reading they have great sucess with breech babies turning, so I'm hoping/praying that it will work for us too.

So if you got this far, thank you so much for caring enough to read!! Am I the only one that has had children before and is still scared??

Sara

· Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This past Monday(38 weeks and 2 days), I had my midwife appointment. The baby was no longer breech!! Praise the Lord!! The midwife and I discussed things and we are wondering if Sunday when I was having so many contractions and freaking out if that was when the baby was turning head down on his/her own!!

I feel so much more peace now, knowing he/she isn't breech. Not to say I'm totally mentally ready for the labor, but I'm hoping that I will be when the time comes.

Thank you soooo much for all the prayers, kind words and encouragement. It was so nice to know I wasn't the only one scared.

Blessings Mamas & babies,
Sara

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.