Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone? Anyone?

I'm still only 37w+5d and will work all the way up until 5/29 if this baby stays put (DD: 5/30). But I'm finding it increasingly difficult to stay focused... all I really want to do is read happy birth stories all day. I check this forum for birth news way too often while I'm at work. :)

Is anyone else in this boat? It's feeling increasingly surreal to even be in the office! At the same time, working seems to make the time pass more quickly... With DS1, I remember the last few weeks stretching into an eternity...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am 38,child # 5 and so glad I am not working all day. I am only working 2.5 hrs in the mornings as a breakfast cook at a school cafeteria. It is really hard when I am on my feet too long. It feels like baby has dropped and even at home I am quite uncomfortable recently and would not want to be at work all day. My Due Date is May 28-30 ish. I don't have a specific period date only a guess :wink:

I know when I was younger pregnancy was much easier.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I worked up until 38wks (now 40+2). Hindsight's 20/20, and I probably would have been okay to continue, but come 38wks I found I was feeling resentful (as in, if I've been tossing and turning all night, gone to work, then were to go into labour, I'd be putting myself in a bad situation). I am thankful for being done and that I've been able to nap almost every afternoon (makes up for the crappy night sleeps) and just focus on family and myself and babe-to-be.

Reactions: ihathi

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm still working. Just about 39 weeks. I work twice a week at a homeschool learning center and take my three kids with me. It's fun but getting kind of hard!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm 37w6d and still working. Over the last few weeks, I've found it increasingly difficult to focus. It doesn't help that I was burnt out on my job way before I became pregnant and that my job is mentally draining anyways. My last day is next Friday, when I'll be 39 weeks - can't wait!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I I am only working 2.5 hrs in the mornings as a breakfast cook at a school cafeteria.
2 1/2 hours on your feet sounds like a lot to me these days! When I'm at work, I am sitting at a desk with my feet up except when I go outside for a walk. In a number of ways, it's easier than being home... (I leave for work at 8:15, a solid 1/2 hour before DH has to hustle kids out to school!)

Today, our office played a round of indoor mini-golf in the hallway and my back was aching w/in 20 minutes. We all laughed about it... I don't mind working full-time, but I can't handle 20 minutes of mini-golf! :lol

Reactions: RonnaLeigh

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm 38+1 now and still plugging away at the dance studio. I will work until our big show is done (May 31, at which point I'll be 40+4) unless the babe comes first. Everyone at the studio thinks I'm due June 2 so as to not worry people.

The weather here cooled off a bit so I'm actually feeling better this week than I did last week. These days it's a struggle to be motivated to go into work, but I'm usually pretty pumped by the time I'm done because I love teaching.

·
Registered
426 Posts
38+5 now and am actually currently at my desk job. We're just taking it day-by-day and my company is really awesome about letting me take my computer home and working from there. Since last week I've been making sure to wrap things up as much as I can each day just in case.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm 37w6d and still working. Over the last few weeks, I've found it increasingly difficult to focus. It doesn't help that I was burnt out on my job way before I became pregnant and that my job is mentally draining anyways. My last day is next Friday, when I'll be 39 weeks - can't wait!
So, cynnamon--is this your last week at work? Congratulations! I imagine that it is easier to enjoy the discomforts of late pregnancy when you know they're the sign that you are wrapping up a crappy job! :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
So, cynnamon--is this your last week at work? Congratulations! I imagine that it is easier to enjoy the discomforts of late pregnancy when you know they're the sign that you are wrapping up a crappy job! :)

Yep, it's my last week! :grin: So ready to be done with this place; hopefully, this week goes by smoothly and quickly! Thanks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@cynnamon, I saw on the Birthdays thread that you had your baby!

Congratulations!! Also, I hope it was a good thing to get out of your last week at a job you were ready to be done with. :wink:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@MLog, are you still dancing? I can't even imagine trying to put together a big show at this stage of pregnancy! It's hard enough for me to make it through long days of... sitting at a desk.

I hope everything's coming together--it cracks me up that you "fudged" your due date a bit to calm people's worries... I'm curious to see if your baby holds out for the show or not.

My last day is supposed to be next Friday. I'm feeling fairly positive I will make it through that date--I've had no signs of labor and baby's still high enough to be producing some killer heartburn!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I mentioned to my boss at work, that I might like to go to every other day starting next week. She replied that I could just be done if I wanted! Yay! So I think tomorrow is my last day.:grin:
So ready to be done with 4:30 am mornings!

·
Registered
54 Posts
@cynnamon, I saw on the Birthdays thread that you had your baby!

Congratulations!! Also, I hope it was a good thing to get out of your last week at a job you were ready to be done with. :wink:
Thank you! Indeed, it was a relief to get out a few days earlier than expected! :grin:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She replied that I could just be done if I wanted! Yay! So I think tomorrow is my last day.:grin:
So ready to be done with 4:30 am mornings!
Hooray, @RonnaLeigh! I cannot imagine 4:30 mornings! Just today, I told my co-workers that I'm going to start coming in at 9:00 instead of 8:30, because mornings are getting rough....

As an aside, my DH gets up at 4:30 on Saturdays b/c he works at the farmers' market--I've already told him that, starting this weekend, I need him to start sleeping in the guest room so that his alarm doesn't interrupt my important baby-making rest... :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I use my iPhone on vibrate and very low ring. Usually I wake around 3:30 to pee and put it under my pillow at that point. It doesn't seem to bother DH too much, but I do think he hears me a bit getting dressed. I was so tired today and haven't gotten anything done at all, after a great day yesterday. So ready to be done, as on off days I feel so much better and have so much more energy! Its hard to get asleep before 10 pm with 3 teenagers and a hubby.

Just today ( last night/today ) my 14 yr old son got the stomach bug :eek: I usually get those bad! I am SO HOPING no one else gets it, but esp me!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just today ( last night/today ) my 14 yr old son got the stomach bug :eek: I usually get those bad! I am SO HOPING no one else gets it, but esp me!
Oh no! I hope he gets better quickly and I hope that no one else gets the bug (especially you!) I had heartburn so badly a few nights ago that I threw up-I'm embarrassed to admit that I started panicking right away.... All I could think was,"this is NOT how I want labor to start!" (I get dehydrated really fast.)

Get some good rest and enjoy the time off work fully. And keep away from sick kids as much as possible! ;)

(BTW, I talked my DH into trying the alarm on vibrate this weekend-will see if that helps.)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm done working! My last 4:30 am morning, So happy :grin:

I'm trying to decide if I should go out to Costco this am, or nap and go later.

Also waiting to hear from my midwife if shes coming today or tomorrow for my home visit.

39 weeks :grin:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
June 4th EDD mama here and still working fulltime. I'm feeling like I'd like to be done this next week though (will be 39 weeks) I have some flexibility to work from home so after this week, that's my plan. (I work for WIC:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts