Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small non-profit doula organization that needs the help of more doulas to serve low income women in the Milwaukee area. If you are interested please let me know. Here are two of the clients I need doulas for.

The first one is due about July 25. She would like an unmedicated birth. This is her 1st baby and she will be delivering at St. Mary's with Dr Poggenburg.

The second lady is due Oct 7th and will be delivering at St. Jo's with a CNM. This is her 3rd baby and she is currently on bedrest due to preterm labor. She could also use some help around the house during her bed rest time if anyone has a free hour or two.

Please let me know if you can serve either of these very eager to have a doula women!!! My email is [email protected] Jen

·
Registered
586 Posts
I do. I've been considering becoming a doula since I was pregnant with my dd and, after she was born at home, I knew for sure I wanted to be a doula. However, we are also a "low-income" family (though not nearly as bad since dh got a new job), so not only do I not have the money to get to a location for the 'seminar' thing for ALACE certification, but I can't even buy the books I'd need to read. My intentions are to serve as much of the low-income population as I can while making a useable wage, so working with these women wouldn't be an issue to me. But I just don't see how I could help them without having some sort of certification or training, kwim? If you have any ideas, please be sure to let me know.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't require that you have a formal doula training to begin! I just ask that you have a kind heart, and a knowledge of birth. You can read a lot of good information on line or I would be more than happy to loan you my books. I have to run, but I will email you on your personal email this afternoon/evening. Jen

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Jen - email or call me about this if you have any need for postpartum support - I would love to get involved with your group ( I did work for a similiar group in TX) I just don't know if I am capable of being 100% ok at a birth yet.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Jen- still waiting for that email. I haven't been able to get online since I last wrote, since a squirrel choewed through our phone line, but I check my email at my mom's place since that day and still haven't heard from you. Did the moms change their minds or something? Or have you just not written back? I know you're busy, but I'd like to know if I'm needed or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.