Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mama's, we have had huge probs with CD lately. First, ds kept getting this ungoldly rash that I could not fix. I always washed in All Free and Clear, never bleach, fab soft., or anything else. This worked great until he was almost two, then the rash started, about the same time our dipes were very stinky every time he peed. So I went to disposables thinking maybe it was our new water since we moved (it is town water, with chlorine). Now, a few months later we are back to cloth and I put a piece of fleece in each dipe with his prefold and it seems to be doing the trick, however, my dipes are becoming STINKY again!!! Here is my system, every day I do a load, I run them through a cold rinse, then a hot long wash with All Free and Clear and sometimes an additional rinse. I have tried using barely any detergent, using the recommended ammount, extra rinse at the end and not, dryer, line drying. I cannot even wash his Bummis covers with the diapers as they seem to really hold onto the stink and smell like urine awful. Please mama's HELP Me. Is Bac Out my answer? I noticed once when I went to my sisters and used her Tide with all its perfumes, they smelled good, but that cannot be good for DS skin? I feel at wits end, I do not want to go back to disposables, but do not like my son stinking.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
It sounds like it could be a buildup issue. When you do a wash, do you see suds during the rinse cycle or in the laundry sink after the washer drains? If you do, you probably need to do several warm or hot rinses to get all the residue out. There's also a laundry treatment you can buy called RLR. I found it at Walmart, but it's probably available at other stores, too. You throw one dose of that in with your diaper laundry and it should help strip residue. Also line-dry if at all possible. The sun's UV rays will kill stink-causing bacteria.<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts