Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have problems with yeasties in pregnancy, I have changed my diet and tried to add yogurt, but I have NEVER been able to tolerate it well. I was at Wild Oats today and one of the ladies there helped me pick out some CandidaStat because it was the only one that did not have the standard "Do not take while pregnant or nursing" label... so I thought, I get it home and BAM there it is "Avoid the use of this product if pregnant".

Now I am worried, is it just a standard required warning, or is there something in here that will hurt my baby?

The website says the ingredients are:
"Each vegetarian suitable capsule includes: Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) - Calcium (as calcium caprylate), Caprylic acid (as calcium caprylate) Garlic extract (2500 mg allicin), Oregon grape root extract (4:1), Oregon grape root, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Milk thistle extract (80% Silymarin), Grapefruit seed & pulp extract (50%, Citracidal®)"

Does anyone know if any of these ingredients is dangerous in pregnancy??

Thanks

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I called the vitamin company and asked them if it was contraindicative or if that was just a generic warning they use to cover their butt, and they said it was not safe in pregnancy. Drat, I guess I will just go to the midwife with any itch or burn since I get both yeast infections AND bacterial infections in pregnancy and sometimes they feel the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.