Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is going on 15 months and I still don't have my period. Not a drop.

I'm not complaining, but I would like to know if I can use my cervical mucous consistency as an indicator of fertility. I need to hold off on gettting PG for at least 3 more months (due to a work commitment). I checked it today for the first time postpartum, and it's watery, not much of it. I well recall the egg white consistency it had right before I got PG.

Is this reliable?

TIA (I'm sure this gets asked alot...)

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Hmm, you might want to post this on family planning. I think most of the nursing mamas here are TTC. I know that as TTC, you want to aim for any wet day with creamy CM, watery CM or egg white CM. Nursing makes fertility awareness methods a little more tricky. Check out the Family Planning board.

Best wishes!

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
If you are going to ovulate there will be cervical mucous.

But it seems for many women that if they are lactating their body seems to have several or many test runs- where those hormones are getting high enough levels to make CM but not ovulate. So after 5 months of getting the CM but no period, I think the danger is in not being as careful as when you are cycling regularly. But even when nursing if you abstain during any CM and for 3 or 4 days after every CM then it still should be fine for avoiding a pregnancy.

So even though it may be much harder to achieve a pregnancy, and there may be lots of days where the signs say you may be fertile- this still can be reliable, it just takes a bit more work.

·
Registered
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Sparklin
Hmm, you might want to post this on family planning.

YOu'd think as a mod, I'd read more carefully, lol.

sorry, folks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.