Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having the hardest time getting DD to sleep at night, and it's only been since we switched the clocks. She's usually out by 7:30, 8 at the latest and yet tonight she wouldn't even think of sleep until 10
:. I need my after she goes to bed time to relax before the next day starts again. How are you all coping with it?

·
Registered
528 Posts
We've got the opposite problem. She's been going to sleep OK (although a bit later) but waking up at 6 am instead of her usual 7 or 7:30. This wouldn't be a problem except I'm at work by then, and she wakes up expecting to nurse (as she usually does right before I get up) and being a bit disappointed that DH is the only one available.

This morning was apparently better, though. She went back to sleep without too much fuss and will hopefully get used to the "new" last nursing of the morning without too much trouble.

·
Registered
193 Posts
We had a hard couple of days, but I just kept waking my #1 ds up early a couple days in a row, and by day 3 he was so over tired that he passed out right at his normal bed time. My #2 ds has been going to bed a bit earlier than usual, although, I didn't really have a good schedule in place for him yet.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I am going to have to just start waking them up, I hate doing that because we have grumpiness all day long, but it seems to be that way lately even without me waking them up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by **Mia** View Post
I think I am going to have to just start waking them up, I hate doing that because we have grumpiness all day long, but it seems to be that way lately even without me waking them up.
: This is how it is with my son when I wake him up. He's an early riser as it is, (no later than 7am no matter what time he goes to bed) and I just woke him up at around 6am. I did definitely deal with cranky, tiredness all day long, but was well worth it to have my "no-kids-wind-down"
: time in the evening. Good luck mama.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.