Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the newsletter from Down to Earth Toys, (
) and I wrote my congressman. I'd already written the CPSC ombudsman yesterday to clarify some issues. If you are in the business of making products for children, supplying materials to small businesses who make products for children, or buying products made for children, I think it's a good idea to learn about this legislation and take whatever action you feel is appropriate.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
While I am not in the child toy lines I am in small children's clothing lines as I make diapers.
For my liability coverage with now two companies diapers fall under the childrens clothing line.

In meeting with a wholesaler this week they had indicated to me that Big Box is pushing hard for small children's lines to be inclusive along with the policies of HR 4040. This will mean that testing will also be applicable and needing documentation that they are lead philate free to the best of my superficial understanding.

Thank you for posting the draft for the letter and the dates for the pending meeting. I am in PA and will approach this on Monday.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
There is a committee meeting this Tuesday. Please visit www.handmadetoyalliance.org and look under Business members. There is a link there to their yahoo group which has letters that you can fax to the committee members (along with their fax numbers). I would provide a direct link, but that is against MDC terms of agreement.

If we can, at least, fax the chair and vice chair on Sunday or Monday, I think it will get a point across. Please fax if you can!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
FYI.....tomorrow's committee meeting has been cancelled/postponed. I'm wishing that it was because the members are squirming a little with all of this opposition. One can always dream eh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.