Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STBX calls me up tonight and asks after the boys...says he had wanted to come over this morning but he didn't wake up until 10:30 (he has to be to work at noon) and he is gonna try to wake up early enough to come over tomorrow morning and if not he'll be over saturday (one of his days off). Well then he asks if i still have my job (um yeah) and then he asks if i want to get out of my moms house...with the clear implication that if we pool our resources we can get a place together.

I can't believe he would actually think that i'm that stupid.
:
:
:

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also i think i deserve kudos for not ripping him a new one about his blatant rubbing in of the sleeping thing. tell someone who hasn't had a decent nights sleep in a year that you slept in and will try not to in the morning. thats just mean!

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Argh. I feel your frustration. Ex used to do that ALL the time. His visit was supposed to start at like 10am or something stupid like that, and without fail he'd be late or not show up about 75% of the time. His excuse? He slept in and his *mom* didn't wake him up
Then he'd expect me to go out of my way to schedule another visit for him (which, most of the time, he'd sleep through). In a way I'm glad those days are over (obviously not glad ds doesn't have a dad in his life, but I firmly believe that no dad is better than a sh*tty one).

And huge props to you for not ripping him a new one! I had a hard enough time containing myself when ex did that and I only had one kid to take care of!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Good for you for sticking to your ground.

ITA about the sleeping thing. Nothing like kicking you when you're down! Not saying that it's a bad thing you take care of your kiddos, but i'm sure you're beyond exhausted since your new ds came along.

I know it's not funny to you, but i think it's hillarious that all the sudden he calls and expects you to want to move in with him and "pool your resources". I'm sure he was just shocked when you said heck no

·
Registered
680 Posts
Pool your resources? What does that mean, that his hours have been cut and he can't afford his place anymore? Man.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama40
Pool your resources?
I think it means she helps pay rent in an apartment they live in together, he gets sex from her, he still gets to sleep in, and he doesn't have to feel like a deadbeat dad when he doesn't feel like spending time with the kids.

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilian
I think it means she helps pay rent in an apartment they live in together, he gets sex from her, he still gets to sleep in, and he doesn't have to feel like a deadbeat dad when he doesn't feel like spending time with the kids.
Sounds like every guys dream

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama40
Pool your resources? What does that mean, that his hours have been cut and he can't afford his place anymore? Man.
he's living with someone else and they are kicking him out. honestly though Jilian hit the nail on the head.

he wasn't too happy when I told him my housing assistance was about to come through...he was looking forward to that from teh time we got married but he screwed everything up. serves him right.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Oh Kami- been there on sleeping in thing. Whenever stbx offers to see the kids, he says, "I'll call you after 12pm." Because he sleeps in until then. Of course, Chandler naps at 12pm! I say this and then he says, "Okay, 2pm then." UGH- when I want to actually run errands and maybe relax for 2 seconds by myself!!! Finally, I started saying, sorry 2pm doesn't work for us. If he can't wake up sometime in the AM and see his kids, we'll wait until he can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.