Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love using my prefolds snappied in the bikini twist fold. I have infant size, and dd is 2.5 months, about 12 pounds. It's getting harder to get the snappi around her waist, and very hard/impossible when there's a liner inside, and definitely impossible if I want to use a doubler. I don't want to make it too tight and uncomfortable for her.

I heard that pins can help them fit longer, so I just got some pins. I don't think I'm very talented with pins! Maybe I need more practice.

I just thought that infant prefolds would keep fitting for longer? Seems I keep seeing people posting that they're using infant size on bigger babies than DD.

She's not a heavy wetter at all. Should I go for regulars or straight to premium? When did you move up to the next size? I don't have any covers that I can just lay it in and tri-fold either.

Stefanie

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
I would definitely try pins ... there's a thead here (probably on page 2 or 3 by now) about loving pins that has a great picture tutorial. But, I also remember when I realized too that it was time to move up. If your dd isn't a heavy wetter, I would definitely recommend getting regulars over premiums. For ds, we went straight to premiums, but I liked being able to fold them down in front for him and he can get through the night in one premium cpf. A couple of places I've bought cpfs from lately that have been super quick are:
Bum Wrap Diapers and Punkin Butt . HTH

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Definitely try mastering those pins, or even just getting them on with little trouble lol I had to give up Snappis on DS' infant PFs and ended up liking them more than snappis! I finally had to give the infant PFs up at around 18lbs, they were getting drenched in no time.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I think Ethan was around 15 lbs when I switched over to premiums. But, remember that all babies are built differently. Ethan always had a skinny waist so I hung on to those infant cpfs as long as I could by pinning. The pinning link is here.

I would go for some premiums also, because babies at this age do grow quickly.

·
Registered
371 Posts
That sounds about right. I think dd was a little less than 15 lbs when we had to switch to Premiums. I didn't want to invest in regulars so we just lived with the premiums being a little bit bulky for a few weeks. Don't worry, they grow so fast that they won't seem bulky for long!!

I think when you've read about other mamas using infant CPFs for much longer, they were probably using them to stuff a pocket dipe or as a doubler. HTH!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I ordered a sample regular size. I hate to order a bunch more premiums because I have some in storage (that I can't get to for a while). What was I thinking?

If we switch to regulars or premiums now, those infant's sure are going to be in good shape for the next baby!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
OOPS! I wrote to get premiums and meant to say regulars. I'm glad that you are trying out regulars. I just started to use premiums full time with Ethan and he is 18 months old. Of course if you have a heavy wetter, you'll probably need them sooner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts