Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
x posted<br><br>
How do I figure this out? I don't leak & I don't get engorged. I also don't feel letdown ever.<br><br>
However, these are the symptoms in my little guy:<br><br>
Very, very gassy - worse at night. Hard time passing gas & stools<br>
Greenish/yellow poops but not necessarily stringy & mucousy<br>
He definitely fusses & I can hear him gulping & drinking fast while nursing at times<br><br>
I'm really at my wits end. Why can't I produce children who are content eating?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Well, by process of elimination work on<br>
1) getting more hind milk in baby<br>
2) cut dairy out and see (it might take as little as a few days to as long as 6 weeks)<br>
3) cut gluten out of your diet -- you might want to try other things first, but when you are at your witz end, this might just be easier than eliminating 1 by 1 by 1 and then come to gluten.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My DS had gulping/choking, evening gassiness, and green poops (occasionally stringy), and it was fore/hindmilk problems for us. Both my LC and Ped said that true dairy sensitivity is very rare in BF babies and that I should focus on the fore/hindmilk problem first and for at least 4 weeks before I started cutting dairy. Block feeding and either pumping or hand expressing until after letdown then letting DS latch on solved our issues. I just started feeling letdown recently, and I spray whether I'm engorged or not. Hugs mama, it'll get better!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Is he choking, coughing, pulling off, and refusing to eat, or is he just eating fast? I think we have finally figured out that I have an overactive letdown or whatever, and my child does all the above. Check out <a href="http://kellymom.com/" target="_blank">kellymom</a> to see what symptoms your child actually has, and that should help clear things up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts