Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,518 Posts
I love dpns

Have you tried with shorter dpns?Are your dpns longer, like 7"? I prefer shorter ones for socks, and BAMBOO. it helps me keep my tension in check. I tend to knit really tight and I break bamboo, so it keeps me knitting softly
Well, kinda. Lets just say I have purchased 3 sets, ok??

I like to keep mine arranged in an organized way when i knit. Like, the one I am using overlaps the one next, and that one overlaps the next, and etc. So, it is easier to manage them all. I like to narrow it down to the lowest number I actually need as well.And I find you really need to find your rythm. The thing I tend to get aggrivated on, is the simple movement from one needle to the next. I find that annoying.lol But if I set them up in a way that makes it easier, then I don't mind so much..

· Registered
8,518 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MeganW View Post
How hard is it to work a pattern for dpn's on a circular? Is there somewhere that explains how to convert a pattern? (I really want to make my own socks but I'm terrified of dpn's)
I love knitting socks on two circulars
It takes a bit to learn, like I didn't get it at first, but after I did, watch out....

I would recomend buying a good pair of circs though, I have some cheaper sally bates and they tend to snag when knitting socks(at the point where wire meets needle).

http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/twocirculars.html

I do usually knit the heel and tow on DPNs though, because I have been using Ann Budds book ,The Knitter handy Book of Patterns,that has a basic sock pattern.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.