Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just not feeling the el bee

I got one off the tp brand new and it's just not my favorite. Am I crazy? Am I missing something? Am I the only one?? Everyone seems to really really be into these dipes...

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
I tried several elbees (6) before feeling the elbee love on the sixth one--smooth side hemp, size medium, sidewalls. Finally that super-trim bikini look I had heard so much about. But with the looser, stretchier materials I tried first: organic velour, organic BKT, etc.... it was just too baggy in the crotch for my taste.
I think part of the huge demand for elbees is accentuated by the hard-to-get aspect of it, which always makes people want an item more. They are unique, though--aren't too many bound dipes out there. I say you try another size, another material, another style....see if you feel the love
then.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JennInSeattle
What size did you get? Tell me more about it? Materials, sidewalls, etc.
LOL, you're like a diaper counsellor!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I have a bunch and while I like how trim they are... I just don't seem to reach for them very often. I still have several that haven't even been washed.
:
: We have one thick BKT one that we have in the nighttime rotation... even with an El Bee doubler, being a "heavy weight" AND an additional hemp double underneath... it's just not quite cutting it as a night dipe. DS is turning into a SuperSoaker again. And he just FLOODS all at once.
I'm think it's going to have to be "retired" from night duty but I don't really see it getting any use as a daytime one...

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Quote:
I dunno I've never tried one. I can't seem to get my hands on one...
ditto. When I first started looking for cloth for the new baby, I saw some El Bees, and thought, thats what Im going to get! Little did I know the whole story of hyena wahms. So green I was.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Yes, they suck. Everyone who doesn't like their El Bees must send them to me. I run a foster home for El Bees.
No really, not all diapers work for all babies. Tons of people like ME OS, but I tried one once on DD, and never put another one back on her ever again. And so, in conclusion, everyone has to sell me their unwanted El Bees.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's a smooth side, medium with side walls and it totally bags in the crotch. I don't find it to be much trimmer than my other hemp fitteds... I guess it's true - not all diapers fit all babies!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
hannahmom, have you tried celestial baby? Those diapers fit my son so nice and trim. Plus their fairly easy to get and they come in the prettiest prints and designs.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I had 2 El Bees and just sold them on the TP, I noticed that the novelty had sort of worn off for us and I just didn't grab them first anymore. I realized that I really did like my fireflies better. In fact I'm thinking of giving up my El Bee number too, I just don't want to spend any money on something I'm not going to use.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
See, I love my El Bee. It's the best fitting diaper I own... but I hesitate to get a medium now that she is outgrowing the small because I am afraid I will be disappointed. I have a smooth hemp with invisble stitching and sidewalls and it fits like a pair of tiny underwear. My number is like 8,765,876,333 so I don't have to worry for a while.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleIslandMom
hmm you might have a stampede on your El Bee number depending on where you are on the list...

My number is probably up there with some of the last ones, at least a 6 month wait. I'm sure no one will be stampeding but they aren't taking anymore orders so ya never know.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I didnt love my first few elbees either - mediums in different fabrics.

BUT now I have a couple smalls, new wider design, amazing fabrics and I am all over those suckers!!

ITA w/ Lisa, except that you should sell *ME* your elbees....sell *ME* your elbees....sell *ME* your elbees....sell *ME* your elbees....sell *ME* your elbees....sell *ME* your elbees....sell *ME* your elbees....sell *ME* your elbees....

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
hello, if regina's house fills up with smalls i'm still iso at least one for those must have a trim diaper times.

edited to add: i mostly feel the elbee frustration instead of the elbee love these days, but i'm guessing dd will grow into her mediums any day now so i can join everyone else in the elbee

1 - 20 of 27 Posts